Here are a few items:
Bear gourd box, open
This beautiful gourd box is very large, with hand-carving and painted designs of acorns and oak leaves.
This was found in an antique store. It looks like New Mexican pottery, doesn't it?
It IS a Pueblo pottery design, and it is signed by the Native American artist. But it's a GOURD!
Dragonfly Gala Details Are Here:
• Celebrating Indian Cowboys on Aug. 8. from 4 to 8 p.m.
• Morongo Community Center, Morongo Reservation
• Good food!
• Indian cowboy history exhibits and demonstrations.
• Yucca and dogbane cord-making demonstration.
• Photo art exhibit of contemporary Indian cowboys, by Carlos Puma.
• Art exhibit.
• Gilman Ranch 1800s ranch gadgets game.
• Silent auction (thank you to our auctioneers from the Yucaipa Valley Historical Society).
• Traditional singing and dancing.
• Dragonfly Award.
Tickets: $45, or tables for $1,000; $2,000; $3,000. RSVP 951.849.4676 or info at dorothyramon.org
All will benefit the Nonprofit 501(c)(3) work of Dorothy Ramon Learning Center, which saves and shares Southern California Native American cultures, languages, history, and music and other traditional arts.
We thank our major gala sponsor, San Manuel Band of Serrano Indians.