Planned Displays and Demonstrations at Dragonfly Gala 2009 include:
• Indian Cowboy history, Pechanga Cultural Resources, Pechanga Band of Luiseño Indians.
• Indian Cowboy history, the Morongo Roundups, Dorothy Ramon Learning Center.
• Cahuilla Cowboy history, Dawn Wellman, curator of award-winning exhibit at Agua Caliente Cultural Museum.
• Rodeos at Sherman Indian Boarding School, Lori Sisquoc.
• Indian Cowboy history, Gabrielino Indians, Barbara Drake.
• 1800s Gadget Guessing Game, Gilman Historic Ranch and Wagon Museum.
• Yucca and dogbane cord making demonstration, William Pink.
• Art exhibit, Indian cowboys, including works by Gerald Clarke, Jr.; Robert Freeman; Billy Soza Warsoldier.
• Photo exhibit: Modern-Day Indian Cowboys, by Carlos Puma, Puma Images.
Add the silent auction, Dragonfly Award, Community gathering, traditional singing and dancing and some flute music, and all we have to say, is: still time to RSVP if you haven't yet.
We thank our gala sponsor, San Manuel Band of Serrano Indians.